Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friday and Saturday ...

Yesterday was spent, more or less, in Carman, running errands, visiting old friends, driving around the countryside doing a crop tour (and some photography), doing a bit of shopping, and attending an evening, outdoor concert put on by the Golden Prairie Arts Council.  It was a beautiful and thoroughly enjoyable day.  What made it special was meeting friends every step of the way.

The concert was a hoot.  About a dozen local performers (including singers and guitarists, fiddlers, mouth organ, organ, and accordion players) all jamming before an audience of about 75 friends.  I knew some of these people ... performers and audience alike.  What surprised me most was that, although I'd known some of the performers for years, I didn't know they were musicians.  Apparently, this group gets together at the old train station in Carman every week, just to jam amongst themselves.  Another of Carman's best kept secrets.

This morning, based on the weather forecast, I was excited about taking Holly for a long walk in the sunshine.  Then, I heard the thunder and a torrential rainfall started.  So much for Environment Canada and computer generated weather forecasts.  But, it was a short rainfall and Holly and I left as  soon as it passed,  We got our walk in even if it was cloudy and we could hear thunder in the distance.  I even was able to take a few flower pictures when I got home, before it sprinkled a bit more.  Now, it's off and on sunny and cloudy.  Looks like it'll be one of those unstable days.

No comments:

Post a Comment