Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Has Come & Gone (Almost)

Today was very nice.  No storms, no rain, mainly sunny, cooler, and enough of a breeze to keep the mosquitoes down.  My kind of weather.

I managed to get to the Mennonite Heritage Centre Gallery this afternoon to take in the latest exhibit.  It was called "In the Spirit of Humanity" and included the paintings of artists/teachers from Hindu, Muslim, and Christian backgrounds.  I was most impressed by the paintings of Ray Dirks, a local mixed media artist.  His works struck a chord with me.  As he says, he is always looking for decency and dignity in the ordinary, in the common person, in those who may be marginalized, forgotten.  His paintings certainly reflect his outlook.

Later, I got some yard work done at home.  Yes, more grass cutting, pruning, and weeding.  Seemed like I just did that yesterday.

And, this evening, I went out for a great Japanese dinner with my good friends, Bob and Pat, at a very good local restaurant called Asahi.  We talked about our upcoming trips.  They're preparing to go on another canoeing trip in Quetico with friends later in the month.  Always interesting, spending an evening with these two retired entomologists.

And, now, it's time I curled up with my latest mystery.  Tomorrow's another day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment