Saturday, July 31, 2010

Those First Few Steps

Some days, going for a walk with Holly in the morning is a difficult choice for me.  I might be having to contend with poor weather. I might be I'm either not feeling great or, through poor planning, I don't have enough time.  Whatever, it's those first few steps that are important.  Once I get moving with Holly, I can forget about most things and just enjoy getting out, walking, and looking around us.  It doesn't really matter where we walk - trail or street - as long as we're out there moving.  This morning, it was easy from every point of view.  I was both looking forward to getting out and the weather was perfect.  And, when you get back, you are rewarded with toast and coffee (or a cookie, if you're a dog) and you feel good for having gone on the walk. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment