Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Explore

Lately, I've been exploring the subject of portrait photography on the Internet.  I'm more comfortable doing nature photography.  I really enjoy every aspect of nature photography, whether it's done in the city or the country.  There are inexhaustible number of subjects you can make images of, under a wide variety of conditions and in every season of the year.

My forays into portrait photography have been limited, mostly, to photos of friends and family.  In recent years, I've had the most fun taking pictures of my grandchildren.  They're great because they're always changing and they're rarely camera shy or self-conscious, unlike many of us adults.  I often see major changes in their appearance within just one week.  I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying making a record of these changes.

But, I want to take better portraits.  And, I want to go beyond family and friends.  That means I'll have to explore doing portraits in new situations.  I'm considering the options now.  Maybe, concerts, workplaces, craft fairs, garden tours, shopping malls, and other milieus.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a new adventure is about to begin. If you have a timer on your camera, set up and take some practice shots of yourself. When you feel comfortable being in a portrait, you will know to make your subject comfortable- just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boys are always willing to help you practice!

    ReplyDelete