Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thinking Back to Yesterday

I love to drive out to Carman and observe the changes I see along Highway 3.  Yesterday, as I was driving towards Carman, I had to brake my car because, quite aways up ahead, I saw something strange moving across the road.  It turned out to be a mallard, walking her five very young ducklings from one water-filled ditch across the road to another similar ditch on the opposite side.  They all made it safely and I went back onto cruise.

Returning home from Carman, in the middle of the afternoon, a car a fair ways ahead of me suddenly braked, making me and someone following me do the same.  Then, I saw the suicidal deer leap off the road into the ditch and keep on running into a field of golden grain.

I treasure moments like these.  You can take the boy out of the country but ...

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. Highway 3 is like an old friend...I know it well and am fond of it but we don't always get along.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete