Saturday, July 3, 2010

Where Did Friday Go?

Hmmm ... I thought I wrote something yesterday but I guess not.  Oh, well, it must have all gone into my pen and ink diary.  I do that, too, in case you were wondering.  That's where all the really personal stuff goes.  Then, later on, if necessary, the whole diary is kept or destroyed, depending on various things.  I usually keep them but there are a couple that are destined for the garbage very soon, ones I don't want to keep, let alone have someone read after I'm gone.  Each of my Moleskine diaries contains a few months of my life.  No one will notice if a few months of the chronology is gone.  I have diaries stored in the basement that go back over forty years.  Once in a while, I'll dig one out to read or to check some fact.  At one time, I thought I might use my diaries to write my memoirs.  Hah!  Memoirs of a crazy old entomologist!  Not a lot of demand for those these days.  No, really, I was and may still use them to write part of my family history.  Those old diaries are great memory joggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment