Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fogging and Dogging

It's 2:30 a.m.and I hear occasional very short bursts of mosquito fogging going on nearby.  I suppose there must be anti-pesticide registrants spotted throughout Charleswood, making a thorough fogging program impossible.  Well, some fogging is better than none.  Out of respect for this old city entomologist, I wish the fogging truck would make a few passes up and down Carbutt.  Not bloody likely, unfortunately.

Yesterday, Josi and Greg dropped off their dog, Sasha, here for me to dog-sit for the weekend while they travel to Fargo, ND.  Gives Holly some canine company for a while.  Also, it gives Holly some exercise, chasing after Sasha inside and outside the house, he says, shaking his head.  Actually, the two dogs are good for each other.  They settled down after a couple of hours and laid together, patiently looking up at me, waiting for 'treats'.  I will have to get used to having multiple dogs in the house soon.  Something, I'm really looking forward to.  I am a dog lover, in case you're wondering.  There have been many fine dogs in the this man's life over the years.  I just wish dogs lived longer than they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment