Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just What the Doctor Ordered

A beautiful morning!  Sunny, cool, and breezy: perfect for a 7 a.m. walk with Holly.  What a fantastic way to begin a day, especially after a better than average sleep and pleasant dreams.  Who could ask for anything more?

I had a scary moment when I first woke up.  I looked at the palms of my hands and there were blue spots scattered everywhere.  I thought at first I must have reacted to pulling out a bunch of prickly thistles from my flower beds last night.  Of course, I was doing that without gloves; the gloves were in the garage and I was just pulling a few thistles.  I'm a man, after all!  Well, my hands were scary alright but, funny thing, they were fine after I gave them a thorough washing.  Then, it dawned on me.  Just before going to sleep last night, I froze a large container of blueberries in small Ziploc freezer bags.  Eureka! (or, duh, depending on your outlook).

2 comments:

  1. Will your new name be Blueberry Man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very funny! Greg had the same sort of reaction when Alex's feet were bright red....until he realized Alex had poured gatorade on his feet in the car. :)

    ReplyDelete