Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Grooming

Holly will be totally stressed out by day's end and will blame me for her condition.  After walking her this morning, I took her for a ride ... to the groomers.  She certainly needs it.  The stress part comes in when they clip her nails.  Invariably, given the number of toes and dew claws that she has, one or more of the clips will be painful.

When I arrive to pick her up later in the afternoon, she can't get out of there fast enough.  That's the only reason she's happy to see me.  Once we're home, she gives me dirty looks for the next 24 hours or so.

The groomer I use for Holly is usually fully booked for about 2 months in advance.  So, this time, I wisely booked another appointment for her for mid-September.  She'll need it by then, I'm sure.  During the winter months, I can stretch the groomings further apart.

Back home, I'm enjoying the fine weather this morning.  This afternoon, there's a chance of some rain.  So, I guess I should do some yard work while I can.  The housework can wait until the afternoon.  I always say that.  However, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will all get done.  Besides, I have some extra errands to run today.  See, I'm already making excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment