Sunday, August 1, 2010

The First Day of August

I've always looked at the first day of August with mixed feelings.  It's often the best month of summer here on the prairies.  August usually has great weather: lots of fine, sunny days and refreshingly cool nights.  But, I also keep in mind that August is the last month of summer.  Next stop, September and the beginning of Fall.  And, we all know what comes after Fall here in Winterpeg.  So, I'm about to enjoy the best part of this summer.

Today is also, of course, the first day of the rest of my life.  And, I'm going to begin that new life today, with someone very special.  Nothing could be finer.

2 comments:

  1. New beginnings. New joy. August will be your special month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a fabulous year, and a memorable August :)

    ReplyDelete