Monday, August 30, 2010

Comfort Food

After two weeks of mostly restaurant food --- some meals quite excellent --- it's good to have some comfort food for supper.  Some people like old-fashioned meat and potatoes.  Others like a special pasta dish with salad.  In my case, Szechuan chicken pieces, mixed stir-fried vegetables, and noodles fit the bill.  With a taste for spicy flavours, I love this type of supper.  And, because suppers are my job, I get to choose what's on the menu.  Fortunately, Margaret likes this dish, too.  And, of course, I make lots so that there's enough for our lunches tomorrow.

Supper tomorrow?  Maybe, slow-cooked, melt in your melt, pork chops in a mushroom sauce, with mini-potatoes done up in dill and butter, along side some steamed asparagus.  Sound good?

1 comment: