Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Busy Weekend

Yesterday, we were off early to the farmer's market nearby to stock up on more sweet corn, baked goods, pickles and relish for the evening get together and BBQ with Margaret's sister and her family.  After walking our dogs, each of us had errands to run as we prepared for our road trip.

Fortunately, Holly and I had time for a short nap before the evening's festivities began.  I'm quickly learning that I can't start my day in the middle of the night without that nap during the day to recharge my batteries.

Today, I have to finish packing,clean out the vehicle, and drive out to Waldenway Kennels with Holly.  Because she is used to being by my side all the time, it will be a interesting two weeks for Holly, living in a kennel and being cared for by strangers.  The kennel has a great reputation so I'm sure she will be treated well but it's sort of like taking your child to camp and leaving them there.  Mixed feelings ...

Today, Marg and I will be attending the Celtic Woman concert at the MTS Centre here in Winnipeg.  We're looking forward to that after having long admired their singing and performances on CDs and videos.  It's our treat to each other before heading west tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your concert was good. Have a great trip west.

    ReplyDelete