Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Five Eagles

The three days at the Ellis Camp were great!  I had hoped to see one bald headed eagle and saw five the first morning!  The lodge had the boat ready and the staff went out of their way to help load everything up.  The cottage was just where I left it two years ago and I was impressed with the upgrades the kids had made.  The weather was perfect even though we had left Winnipeg in the rain.  I managed to take all sorts of wildflower photos around the property.  Everywhere I looked, there was something else to photograph.

The miracle was that, for once, I didn't injure myself doing something up there; I usually manage to come home wearing band-aids and sporting pulled muscles.  This time, I didn't get involved in building or fixing something (though I was tempted).  But, that's not my job anymore ... the cottage is pretty much the kids now ... their cottage, their projects, and their band-aids now.  I hope someday they install a shower and a more reliable pump system ... and a better gangway to the floating dock!  And, it took me forever to find the hidden inverter so I could recharge my camera battery.  Whose idea was it to move that little black box!? 

Margaret loved the cottage, as I knew she would.  She kept saying, 'it's so peaceful up here'.  It sure was nice not to see or hear neighbours or the sounds of the city for a few days.  It was definitely a great three-day escape.

1 comment:

  1. The bridge to the dock was a temp fix as the ice ripped the old one to bits! It will be improved upon...hopefully this weekend (cross my fingers). The bathroom should get some finishing as well this weekend.....we'll see how much we can muster in to Saturday and Sunday! There was a reason the inverter was moved.....can't remember why, Michael knows.
    Glad you had a good time, and saw several eagles :) lucky you. Get any blueberries?

    ReplyDelete