Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Taking Care of Business

I never thought I'd be this busy when I decided to retire from my consulting business a couple of years ago. Today, in addition to the usual household “stuff and things” I do (like grocery shopping and starting to prepare a chicken stew), I had lunch with Trudie and discussed the transfer of title of our cottage to “the kids”. Then, we met with a chartered accountant to discuss capital gains and other things. Soon, we'll meet with a lawyer and get the legal paperwork done. Then, it'll all be over except for paying the associated costs and handing over years of paperwork. I think the kids will owe us a dinner or two after all this done. And it better not be chicken stew!

1 comment:

  1. And a Barbeque or two at the cottage of course!!

    ReplyDelete