Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Recently, a friend stated that she was afraid something bad was about to happen to her because everything was going so well in her life.  She was very happy and felt guilty because of it.  Isn't it funny how guilt sometimes robs of us of our happiness.  Like yesterday, I had a wonderful long nap in the afternoon and woke up feeling guilty that I had slept and hadn't finished all the jobs on my list for the day.  Guilt robbed me of this small pleasure.  Are we so conditioned by our upbringings that we can't enjoy such simple pleasures without feeling guilty afterwards?  Is it a work ethic?  Is it guilt that I have it so good while others don't?  Or is it something else?  I must learn to live for, enjoy, and be grateful for these moments of peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment