Thursday, September 16, 2010

Golden Plums

During late August, at a fruit stand near Kelowna, there was an abundance of tree-ripened fruit.  One item that caught our eye because it rarely appears for sale in Winnipeg, at any time or from anywhere: golden plums.  Looking over some of the pictures that I didn't post to my Flickr page yesterday, I came across the photo below, showing these mouth-watering treasures at that fruit stand near my Aunt May and Uncle Ellie's home.  They were so good to eat!  Now, I wish I'd searched the stand's shelves of jam for golden plum jam to go along with the peach jam I did buy.


Now, we have yet another reason to return to that area.  Hmmm ... I wonder if the locals also use it to produce their own plum liqueur?  Wouldn't that be a nice pre-meal aperitif to build your appetite?

2 comments:

  1. Plum liquer, sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liqueur! Need to spell better.

    ReplyDelete