Thursday, September 9, 2010

The First Cup of Morning Coffee ... Yes!

Nothing tastes better to me than that first, fresh cup of dark roast coffee in the morning.  And, there's no better way to drink that magic elixir than sitting in front of my computer screen, reviewing recent emails, checking out the latest comments and photos of friends and their kids on Facebook, and running through the new photos on Flickriver.

As most of the rest of the city wakes up and prepares to send the kids off to school or gets ready to head off to work, it feels so good just to relax and enjoy the first hour or so of the morning without hardly a care in the world.

Later, I know that reality will set in and I'll have to get busy.  There's always lots to do, think about, and plan.  My days quickly fill up, with me doing all sorts of things.  But, for these few minutes, it's good just to enjoy this quiet time.

1 comment:

  1. I love the first hour of the morning with a coffee too. There is such a renewal in a new day. To start with activities we love gives such a positive start. Most days I go to my pink bathroom and look out the window to the east thanking God for my day and any other joys that have come. Sometimes I question the events in my life asking for answers then return to my coffee and preparing for work. Glad you enjoy your start as it is those moments that keep us grounded.

    ReplyDelete