Friday, September 10, 2010

Doing the Impossible

It's kind of fun to be doing the impossible.  If you'd asked me twenty years ago if I thought I'd live to be 66, I would have said that that was impossible, given the history of heart attacks in my family.  I was actually a little surprised to still be here when the clock reached the year 2000.  Now, living the impossible, I'm hoping I'll still be around in twenty years.  In fact, I've promised someone that I'll do my best to reach the ripe old age of 86.  I have too many reasons to be alive, too many things still to do, and too many places I want to see to leave this earthly existence anytime soon. 

3 comments:

  1. when you're 86, Matthew will be 24 and Alex 22! wow...now that's something you need to be around to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! another two good reasons to be here then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And maybe you will make a trip east or I will make a trip west? Just enjoy every day and the years will take care of themselves.

    ReplyDelete