Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Destination

Looking for some inspiration for writing a new post to this blog, I came a cross a quote by Henry Miller.  He said that "one’s destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things".  The words somehow struck home for me.  I've been wondering lately just where I'm going in my life.  Don't misunderstand me: I'm quite happy these days.  I've begun a new life with someone I love and who is very, very special to me.  I'm seeing many things in a new way.  But, sometimes, I've wondered where I'm going.  Where I'll be in the years to come.  Miller's words have reminded me that my outlook is more important than my place in the future.  That I should live in and make the most of the moments that I'm in.  The future will take care of itself if I simply accept the changes occurring in my life, live in these precious moments, and confidently keep moving forward.  Where there is forward movement, there is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment