Monday, October 11, 2010

Stuffed!

Now, to try to wear off all the extra calories I took in this weekend.  Thanksgiving turkey at Margaret's sister's farm yesterday was great.  What would Thanksgiving be without 'big bird'?  I had some fun taking pictures there, too.  The farm is a cow-calf operation so there were dozens of 'photo ops'.  I really enjoy wandering around a farm yard and seeing what takes my camera's fancy.

Of all the photos I took, the one of an old farm truck pleased me the most.  There's something about an old vehicle, stuck away in a quiet corner of the farmyard, slowly rusting away in the weeds, that appeals to me.


Knowing we would eat well, Margaret and I took the dogs to Beaudry for a little exercise before we went to the farm.  Holly, as always, loved the time there.  I had to take a picture of her while she waited for us to catch up to her on one of the trails.


Today, we got some more exercise, minding Matt and Alex for Josi and Greg while they held another open house for the sale of their St. Vital home.  A couple of hours at the nearby school playground, tuckered us out, if not the grand-kids!



Grand-kids are just another reason for us to give thanks today ...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. There is a truck in the Distillary District in Toronto that very similar to your photo. Yes grandchildren are a reason to be thankful- all that chasing them helps exhausted grandparents to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Matthew is wearing his bathing suit on Thankgiving long weekend :) Sweet!
    Thanks for watching them, looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete