Thursday, October 21, 2010

Different and Tasty

Sometimes, I like to make something different for supper.  Something I've never made before but have enjoyed at someone else's table.  This time, I tried doing a butternut squash casserole with a little twist.  Butternut squash is a type of winter squash.  I've had one on the kitchen counter now for a couple of weeks, waiting to be cooked.  Most people make this fall dish to go with something else.  Sometimes, a roasted chicken dish and some broccoli is made to accompany it.  Mine was, in fact, different and tasty.


I planned it as a one-dish meal.  I added some chopped ham to the casserole mixture (to give it some extra protein and flavour), baked it in the oven to give an 'au gratin' appearance, and served it with whole wheat buns and butter on the side.  I think this dish is a keeper and look forward to doing many variations of it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Smells good from here. Love squash and always good to know others do too.

    ReplyDelete