Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Standing Firm

So, 283 days so far this year and I've made 274 posts to this blog.  I suppose that means I've fallen behind a bit in my writing.  So, here's another post.  My 275th post.


I look at this farmyard post, which, by the way, is probably about as old as I am, if not older, and I wonder how many birds have landed on it, briefly, to rest, to look for their next meal, or just to enjoy the sunshine.  The years have passed and the good and bad weather has come and gone but it still is strong.  Time has certainly given it character.  With nothing attached to it now, this humble post serves no other purpose than to mark the edge of a property, a farm that has been in the family for generations.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm ... just noticed i didn't start this blog until March, 2010 ... maybe i'm actually ahead of the game in my writing ... i'll let you, the reader, decide.

    ReplyDelete