Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pinot Grigio

A nice, light and crisp white wine.  It went well with our pasta dishes last night at Dacquisto's.  Margaret and I have started a tradition, just recently, of going out for dinner once a month at a fine restaurant in Winnipeg.  Just the two of us, to enjoy a great meal and each others company.  Usually, I cook during the week and she cooks on the weekends.  Often, we entertain family and friends at home or somewhere else, and that can be a lot of fun, but these monthly outings are our quiet time together.

Tonight, being Halloween, is, of course, anything but quiet in my neighborhood.  The trick or treaters have started coming to the door and, so far, I've seen some great costumes on the youngsters.  Holly barks every time the door bell rings, as usual, and that adds to the noise level.  I've had to put her in my bedroom so she doesn't scare the wee ones, not that she'd harm anyone.  She just knows it's her job to warn away any possible intruders.  Her aggressive sounding bark beats most security systems in this city.  She's so dedicated to her job that, even when she hears a door bell ring on the TV, she runs to the door, barking her head off.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when everything will return to normal.  Everything but the weather.  Normally, the daytime high is 4 degrees at this time of year and often there is snow or slush on the ground.  Tomorrow, it's supposed to reach 10 degrees or so and the ground is snow-free.  Looks like Holly and I may get another walk in at Beaudry.  I hope so.  I'm just not ready for the white stuff yet.  Will I ever be?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to be back to normal too. Had to be on duty for the little ones last night as everyone else. Your monthly dinners sound divine! Good tradition!

    ReplyDelete