Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another Fine Day, So Far

This may be our last sunny day for awhile, with clouds moving in later in the day and several rainy days ahead.  However, after what seems like weeks of sunny, mild weather, one mustn't complain.  We've had a wonderful fall and we've made the most of it.  Our many trips out to Beaudry (7 or 8 times over the past 4 weeks, I think) have been great.  We're very fortunate to have such a beautiful, natural park so close to us.  It's also fantastic that so few people seem to know of and use it.

But, today, alas, there'll be no trip to Beaudry.  With the rain in the forecast, I must do some more work in the yard.  As in farming, you must tend to your fields while the sun shines.  With company coming for dinner later in the afternoon, I must also tidy up the house a bit.  There's nothing like "company's coming" to motivate me to do some vacuuming and de-cluttering.  I suppose it's the same with everyone.

A glance at the clock tells me that I'd better get moving ...

No comments:

Post a Comment