Saturday, October 2, 2010

On Track

Coming home from Carman yesterday, I drove some back roads and I stopped somewhere between Homewood and Sperling.  I was planning to take some pictures of bean and corn fields, ready to be harvested, but changed my mind.  Instead, I took a series of photos of a seldom used rail line, passing through the area.  Actually passing through a bean field, at this location.  One of the photos is shown below.  This rail line was on the back edge of my former home, north of Carman.  It's only used a couple of times a week these days, by a small rail road company here in Manitoba.



Several cliches come to mind when I view this photo.  My life is finally on track again.  I know where I've been and where I'm now going.  I'm old but I'm still useful.  I've made my bed and now I'm laying in it.  There are too many weeds in my life.  There's a rocky road ahead.  Never look back.  Am I reading between the lines?  Are you?

After I post this (at 4:45 a.m.!), I think I'll head back to my real bed and try to sleep for a couple more hours.  I hope I don't dream about old freight trains ...

2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting photo. Whoever looks at it could reflect on his/her own life! Serenity! Peaceful! Maybe take more roads less travelled and see what you discover.

    ReplyDelete