Sunday, November 21, 2010

We've Only Just Begun

Today, it occurred to me, while listening to some of my favorite singers as I surfed the Web, that so many of them died, when they'd only really got going in their musical careers.

Karen Carpenter, who some say had the best female voice ever, died of heart failure, attributed to chronic anorexia.  Eva Cassidy died of melanoma.  John Denver died in an airplane crash.  Others included Rick Nelson, Roy Orbison, Aaliyah, Patsy Cline, Janis Joplin, and Bobby Darin.  The list goes on and on.  It seems so sad to ponder these premature deaths.  Fortunately, for us, their music lives on.  We can still enjoy their voices, though they are now long gone.

Hopefully, after I'm 'long gone', my family and close friends will still be able to read my words and view my photographs.  Not that I'm planning on leaving any time soon!  I promised someone I'd give her twenty more years to be with me ... a promise that I hope to keep.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is insightful today. What legacy do we all want to leave! Photographs and words are very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete