Friday, November 26, 2010

Snow Blown

It turned out to be a nice sunny day here, starting about noon, as the clouds moved off to the east.  I always marvel at how sunshine brightens our outlook on everything.  After a few days of overcast skies, the brilliant sunshine somehow makes everything okay, even the rough going on some of the snow-clogged, residential streets.

I was pleased to find my snow blower started easily this morning, enabling me to clear the foot or so of snow from my driveway quickly, with a minimum of shoveling.  Now, hopefully, our street will soon be cleared.  Maybe, tonight?

I was going to clear the back deck again this afternoon.  But, fortunately, Margaret invited me to go for lunch and do a bit of shopping with her.  After she dropped me off at home, a nap seemed more attractive than shoveling the snow off the deck.  So, Holly and I curled up together and dreamt of warm, sunny, country walks.  It was nice!

Faced next with creating supper, I again chose the easy route, finding some frozen beef stew I made a couple of weeks back in my basement freezer.  Just the right meal for a cold, wintry evening ... and a thoroughly lazy cook!

1 comment:

  1. All the talk of snow. We are colder but have escaped so far but know it is coming. Your day sounded like a good way to spend a winter day and evening.

    ReplyDelete