Friday, November 12, 2010

The Days Pass Too Quickly

My last post was on Tuesday and, now, it's already Friday!  It's not that I was too busy to write something.  The last couple of days have been kind of lazy ones.  Lots of reading, relaxing, watching TV, and napping actually.  I blame it on the weather: yukky weather!  After weeks of wonderful, mild, sunny weather, it's turned cloudy, cold and wet, with drizzle and snow showers thrown in.  The kind of weather that makes one retreat into the comforts of a warm home.

I know I'll have to make an attitude adjustment quite soon.  Both Holly and I need some exercise and the only place we'll get that is outdoors, on a long walk.  I must face the fact that winter has arrived and make the most of it.  It's just a matter of dressing for the outdoors.  For me, bulky sweater and coat, hat, gloves, and warm winter boots.  Fortunately for Holly, she's already dressed for it: indeed, she has a good long coat on her right now.  And, when she starts running, she gets quite warm.  Of course, she's off to the groomers in a week or so, and, once trimmed again, she will feel cool when she's outdoors, for awhile anyways.  But, it doesn't take her long to grow a warm winter coat.

This morning, I've already done my usual computer surfing.  Flickriver first.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that four of my contacts had one of their photos featured on this interesting series.  Facebook second, with another cute shot of KT, my favorite grand-daughter, posted by Tasha, to bring a smile to my face.  Then, over to YouTube, to watch/listen to some fantastic Beatles music.  Next, I watched a bit of FoodTV, to get some ideas for tonight's supper; a Caribbean theme, featuring trout, seems like a good idea for a Friday, I think.  And, today's plans?  Lots of housework with a bit of grocery shopping is on my agenda.  I best get moving now.  Later ...

1 comment:

  1. Children grow when they sleep. Perhaps the naps were to help you rejuvenate and to get into action. Yes Winter is coming or here but just think of all the potential to take more photos. Perhaps revisit the locations like the car, the prairie road etc and take photos with the snow. Now those could be some interesting pictures!

    ReplyDelete