Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Beaudry Revisited

This park is like a magnet, drawing Holly and me back to it, day after day.  While my 'to do' list gets longer and longer (and my guilt about ignoring it, greater and greater), I still think every sunny day, at this time of year, is meant to be enjoyed.  Holly agrees.  So, back to Beaudry we go, time after time.


It's not the scenery, at this time of year, that draws me away from home and my chores.  Indeed, there's little to excite me, from a photographic point-of-view, at Beaudry these days.  You have to look hard to see beyond the browns of early winter.  I think, in large part, it's the sheer joy I see in Holly as she cavorts along the trails.  She rarely is motionless.  Only when I'm a little too far behind her does she look back to see that I'm still following her.  Very occasionally, she may even sit and wait for me.


The Assiniboine River flows through Beaudry.  Maybe, it's appropriate that, these days, I just go with the flow, too.


Life is good in the present ...

2 comments:

  1. When you are ready, your to do list will be there. Sometimes we can just grab the list and get so much accomplished in less time. You must need the go with the flow- besides you are still finding interesting pictures to take that everyone enjoys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of the river. Love the blue, red and yellow.
    You should come with us to Maple Grove Park sometime.....

    ReplyDelete