Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Greetings from a Friend

Today, I received the following Christmas greeting from a photographer friend, named Carlos Vieira, in Rio de Janeiro.  It was so charming, I thought I'd quote it, in its entirety, here:

"I wish that this Christmas, I could put a tree on my hearth and there hang, instead of balls, the names of all my friends. Friends from far away, near friends. The old ones and the new ones. Those that I see everyday and those that I seldom see. Those always remembered and those that sometimes are forgotten. Those from the difficult times and those from the happy hours. Those that, not wishing at all, I hurt, or those that also not wishing, hurt me. Those that I know deeply and those that I know only by their appearance. Those that owe me very little, and those that I owe a lot. My humble friends and my important friends. The names of all that passed through my life. A tree with very deep roots so that their names shall never be torn from my hearth. With very long branches so that new names coming from all parts may join the existent. A tree with a very nice shadow to wrap all of us this Christmas".

1 comment:

  1. What lovely words! Such a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete