Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brr ...

As I write this, (very) early Sunday morning, it's -28C outside, with a windchill of -38C.  Yes, Martha, that's really cold!  To make matters worse, I'm typing this while sipping on my cup of NeoCitran.  Yes, I now have a bit of a cold.

Margaret and I joined her sister Cathy and her husband Ian and their three daughters on Friday night to celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary at The Peasant Cookery.  We shared some very good food and fellowship, in spite of the cold weather.  And, last night, Margaret came over to my place and cooked up an equally great meal for just the two of us.  Margaret is just getting over her cold so was feeling quite perky after five days of low energy.  Me, I'm just starting down that road.  But, I was certainly glad for her company.

Today, as my energy slowly ebbs away, I can think of nothing finer than a series of drinks of coffee, hot chocolate, and NeoCitran, as I read in a warm, comfortable bed.  Maybe, a hot toddy, too.  A little mix of tea, whiskey, lemon, and honey sounds pretty good right now.

1 comment:

  1. The hot toddy sounds like the perfect remedy for your cold. Always a bummer to get sick around the holiday time!

    ReplyDelete