Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Soup Season

Yesterday, while watching Michael Smith on 'Chef at Home', I decided to make a split pea soup that he demonstrated.  With the cold weather we've been having lately, a soup sounded pretty good to me.  So, this morning, I took out a package of frozen bacon to thaw.  It, with onions, carrots, thyme, and bay leaves, will be the flavour base for the soup.  He used split green peas but I only have yellow on the shelf so I'll just use what I have.  A nutritious soup and salad for supper, coming right up!

Today, I also hope to run a few errands.  It's been awhile since I've been anywhere but here at home so I'm looking forward to getting out.  I'm actually looking forward to doing a bit of grocery shopping and picking up a couple of small gifts that I still need to get for Christmas.  As someone pointed out to me recently, there are only ten days left before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Soup sounds good to me! Hope you had fun shopping after your time at home.

    ReplyDelete