Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Marks

Most people know that I read a lot of books.  I probably average two books a week.  What you might not know is that I can also go through a lot of book marks in year.

I used to buy most of my books from McNally-Robinson Booksellers, here in the city.  Every book that I bought came with a McN-R book mark.  With retirement came a tighter budget.  That meant relying more and more on the local library.


Carman had a nice little library, housed in the old post office building.  I really enjoyed going into this heritage building and dealing with the wonderful people that worked there.


When I lived in Carman, it didn't take too many years before I exhausted their supply of really interesting books.

Now that I live in Winnipeg, there's no shortage of library books to read.  Even my local branch, here in Charleswood, is replete with great books.  I can still get book marks from the library but, mostly, I just use special book marks that were given to me over the years by friends.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful library picture1 Love the quaint structure in small town Canada! Yes book marks are always a reminder of another time or event. I have several as souvenirs from places visited!!

    ReplyDelete