Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanks, Vladimyr!

My friend, Vladimyr came over yesterday afternoon to fix a problem that I was having with the remote timer he had lent to me, for taking time-lapse photos of flowers opening with my Canon EOS 10D. It didn't take him very long to resolve the problem. Of course, it was his equipment and he has a couple of engineering degrees, so I wasn't expecting him not to figure out where I went wrong.

After we set up for time-lapse photos of my amaryllis that was just starting to flower on the dining room table (a table, by the way, that Vladimyr built many, many years ago, when he was a woodworker), we went out onto the deck for coffee and to enjoy the warm, sunny weather. Every few minutes, while we talked and solved all the world's problems (Vlad's also a bit of a philosopher), another flock of Canada geese flew over, heading north. We couldn't identify it but a falcon also zipped over us, with its distinctive cry. What a wonderful way to while away a few afternoon hours.

1 comment: