Sunday, March 7, 2010

De-cluttering My Life

According to Clutterers Anonymous (yes, Martha, there is such a group), clutter is "anything we don't need, want, or use that takes our time, energy or space, and destroys our serenity". So, my life is definitely 'cluttered'. My goal is to de-clutter my life, one thing at a time.

There are some obvious places to start in my home. Walking through all of the rooms, on the main floor and in the basement, I see countless 'things' that need to be passed on to other people or organizations, the Sally Ann being my favourite place to take my unwanted but reusable 'stuff'.

Looking outside, in the backyard, under all the snow, I know there other things to be examined for possible disposal, when spring finally comes. Of course, all those trees, shrubs, and flowers waiting for the warmth of spring, are not among the items that will be disposed of. In fact, I'm looking forward to increasing their number as soon as the garden centres in Winnipeg get into full swing.

I know my life will never be entirely free of clutter. Sometimes, I wake from a dream and realize that clutter also includes thoughts of times past. That kind of clutter may never disappear. One can only hope that, someday, it will be replaced, perhaps by a better kind of clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment