Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Definitely Came This Past Weekend

Warm weather, wonderful walks, and the appearance of pussy willows. Such a great weekend, especially on Saturday when Holly and I were accompanied by Margaret and her dog, Molly. It's definitely more enjoyable walking and talking with a friend than just walking alone with Holly.

Sunday, I saw some pussy willows opening for the first time this year. Funny how such a small, natural occurrence like that can fill one's soul. I suppose everyone who lives in Winnipeg is so looking forward to seeing "green" again, it's understandable. And, that green is slowly appearing in my yard. First, the grass reappeared. Now, I'm seeing some hints of some of my perennial plants.

This weekend, I guess I'll start cleaning up the yard in earnest, pruning back dead foliage from last year's perennials and, maybe, making another trip to the garden centre (just to look, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment