Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Adaptive

You have to be able to adapt to changes in your plans.  Today, I had a series of errands to run.  Then, I was held up going to my first stop, waiting for a phone call.  Everything is 'on hold' until that call comes.  And, judging by the time, it won't come in time to enable me to run any of the errands, at least not today.

So, I adapted.  I switched to some things on my home 'to do' list.  And, I actually got quite a few small chores done.  These days, that means organizing and storing all sorts of things, mostly to do with my home office.

One very important thing I did was back up all my document, photo, and music files on my new external hard drive.  That had been worrying me for a few days because my desktop computer has been acting up a bit lately and I have been worried about the possibility of my hard drive crashing.  I really feel good about getting that done.  I would really hate to lose those personal records and my last thorough backup was many, many months ago.

3 comments:

  1. Like life we all need a backup plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you ever get your phone call?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the call came, late in the afternoon, thanks ...

    ReplyDelete