Thursday, March 10, 2011

Menu Planning Fun

The past couple of days, I've been planning brunch for this Saturday, when my kids and their kids are coming over.  Something old and something new to prepare.  Because my daughter is a vegetarian, there will be some veggie dishes and some trout.  Because everyone else is omnivorous, there will also be a variety of 'meat and potato' type dishes.

To make things a little easier for me, I'm planning three casserole dishes that I'll make ahead tomorrow and just have to heat up for the brunch.  And, because I'm not an experienced baker, I broke down and bought a fantastic chocolate-layered and -iced cake.  So far, I've stopped myself from sampling it (but it's been hard to resist it!).

It's a lot of fun putting together an assortment of dishes that I think will please everyone.  But, more important, I'm just looking forward to having everyone over again.  Thinking back in time, it's been many months since they've all been over here at the same time.  According to my daughter, "it's about time!".

Of course, the house is still a bit disorganized.  Margaret only recently moved in and we're still doing a lot of unpacking and sorting.  I think it'll be several months before everything either finds its place here or is given away to friends, relatives, or the Sally Ann.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds fantastic. As for the disorganization, just roll with a good time. People who love you don't care about the look of the place but the company! Welcome to your first brunch as a couple! Buon appetito!

    ReplyDelete