Monday, March 14, 2011

Asahi

Last night, Marg and I went to a local Japanese restaurant called Asahi.  I'm not sure what the name means.  I think it's simply the English version of a Japanese name.  I do recall that there was once an Asahi Pentax 35 mm camera.  It was the first Pentax made and revolutionized the camera industry.  I had one of the subsequent models.  Actually, I had a couple.  So did my Dad.  I donated it to an art group a few years ago.  It served me well for many years.  After the Pentax, I moved on to various Canon 35 mm cameras and then transitioned to Canon EOS digital cameras because they used my Canon 35 mm lenses.  I currently have a Canon EOS 10D.  My son uses a more modern Canon: a Canon Rebel Xi1, I believe.

Back to the restaurant.  It is one of many Japanese restaurants in the city.  It's also probably the best in Winnipeg.  Fantastically fresh and well prepared.  It was Marg's first time there and she really liked the lettuce wraps, red dragon rolls, and assorted tempura.  I'm starting to salivate, just thinking about the great flavours.  And, although a small thing, they also serve the best roasted green tea I've ever tasted.  We'll be going back there again soon, for sure.

Tonight, we're having Asian food again, at home.  I'll be making my special szechuan chicken, stir-fried vegetables, and noodles.  We both enjoy this form of comfort food.

1 comment:

  1. Food enjoyed by any culture is a wonderful thing. Glad you had such an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete