Friday, September 9, 2011

Shoot for the Moon

Brian Littrell, an American singer-song writer, once said “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars”.

Last night, aided by my friend Vladymer, I tried, for the first time, to photograph the nearly full moon. It was very humbling and frustrating to fiddle in the dark with all the knobs and buttons on  my camera as I tried to get a decent image of Earth's natural satellite.  I thought I knew my camera fairly well, until last night, as I groped like a blind man to make exposure adjustments.

In the end, with Vlad's patient guidance, I did manage to get a few acceptable images.  I now know that I'll have to make many drives into the country, after dark, to get the kind of images I really want.  It's all part of learning and practice.  At least, I've made a start.


 

2 comments: