Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My 500th Post

Does this mean that I'm perseverent or what?  Probably 'or what', whatever that is.  Regardless, I'm still here and I'm still writing.  I wish I could think of something momentous to say but I can't.  It's just another Monday.

Today, it's raining.  Our soil sure needs it after a drier than normal summer.  Hopefully, the moisture will loosen the roots of those persistent weeds in my flower beds, enabling me to pull a few hundred more of them before long. I'm really looking forward to that.  Right, just like I look forward to seeing my dental hygienist again.  Today's weather makes me really appreciate the conditions over the weekend.

We made three evening trips to Beaudry over weekend.  Yesterday was especially nice, allowing me to spend some time in the woods there and to do a little photography.  While Margaret walked Holly and Molly, I communed with nature and my camera.  I came away with a few images that I later posted to my Flickr page.  Nothing too exciting but a good record of what the bur oaks woods are like at this time of year.  Just building up my memory bank and honing my observation skills a little.

Today?  It'll be a 'follow the thread' kind of day around the home.  There certainly are lots of threads all over the place. As Robert Brault, a freelance writer, once said, “enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things”. He has a blog, too. But, he's a long ways from his 500th post. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. Feels good to have made the 500th. Congratulations. So what do you have in mind for 501?

    ReplyDelete