Monday, September 12, 2011

A Good Weekend

This past weekend sped by.  I suppose most weekends do.  But, it was thoroughly enjoyable.  First off, we went out to Beaudry every evening to let the mutts run in the grassy field at the park.  Mostly, there was no one else around and we never had to worry about the dogs.  Each night, we saw some wildlife.  One night, lots of geese and a cormorant on a fence post, spreading its wings to dry.  Another night, a group of white tail deer in the field.  Last night, a young buck, with a small rack of antlers.

On Saturday morning, we wandered around the farmer's market, purchasing odds and ends for the larder.  Afterwards, we went to Mike and Tasha's home to celebrate Katie's 2nd birthday, along with other members of the family.  KT was a little under the weather but seemed to enjoy her gifts and birthday cake.

Sunday was, as Sundays often are, a lazy day.  I spend quite a bit of time going through my recent photos, massaging some of them in Photoshop Elements before emailing them on to people I thought would appreciate them.

I also spent many hours on the phone with my friend, Vladymer, talking about (among other things) time-lapse and astrophotography and all the gear it would be nice to have in order to do some of the things we'd like to do.  That reminds me, I'd better buy a lottery ticket ...

No comments:

Post a Comment