Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is near. Only five more sleeps to go. For us, the preparations began last weekend with the purchase of a frozen turkey and some of the other components of the coming feast. This year, we're looking forward to the Holmes family coming to our home for the traditional meal.

Thanksgiving is a good time to reflect on all of the good things in our life. Family, of course, comes to mind first. For me, it means being thankful for my children and their children. It also means I'm thankful for my loving wife. I cannot express how important each of them is to me. If you are a parent or a grand-parent or a spouse, you know exactly what I mean.

It goes without saying that I'm also thankful for a roof over my head and a full larder. Too many Canadians do not have these basic luxuries. I also have numerous hobbies that keep me busy most days, including gardening, reading, nature photography and cooking.

I'm also grateful that I'm still reasonably healthy, considering my age. I'm fit enough to do most of things I need to do. What I can't do, I can get help from others to do. Sometimes, a friend or family member will help me; other times, I can hire someone to help me.

So, yes, I'm thankful for everything in my life. I hope you are, too, especially as Thanksgiving approaches.




1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving does make us stop and reflect on the blessings in our lives. I too am thankful for the many things you mentioned. For me, it is also the renewed connections with friends and family near and far.

    ReplyDelete