Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cards

I stopped sending out Christmas cards years ago. With the ability to email my Christmas greetings, I let the cards fall by the wayside. I do send the occasional card out, usually just to people I know that don't have an email address. Well, an email address that I have on file in my contacts folder any ways.

My Christmas greetings, like many of the people I know, go out in the form of a Christmas letter.  The letter, just one or two pages long, recounts my year, letting friends and relatives read about what I consider the highlights of my year. Sometimes, it may seem redundant, having written about most of them, here in this blog. But, the letter goes to many people who I know never read these posts. Of course, I suppose some people don't even read my Christmas letter but that's their lose. I often include the odd photo in the letter.  Sometimes, it's a shot of me or my home or my dog or, more recently, my grand-kids.

So, be watching your email box to see if you are on my Christmas letter list. If you don't receive one this month, it means I don't have your email address. That's easy to fix. Just send it to me. Maybe, enclose it in a Christmas card?

2 comments:

  1. The written word in someone's hand writing is precious. I have a short brithday greeting to my sister in my family history binder from one of my great-grandmothers in her handwriting. Postcards from over the years. Emails are good as are blogs but if there are special people in your life like your grandkiddies for example, take the time to handwrite them. The rest of us an email will suffice!

    ReplyDelete