Friday, December 16, 2011

Adrift in Music

This morning, after reading my cousin Barb's blog post about Christmas music, I began listening to some of my favourite vocalists sing some traditional Christian music. Thanks to YouTube, I listened to some truly great songs by some fantastic singers. Singers like Nana Mouskouri, Celtic Woman, Eva Cassidy, Celine Dion, Natalie Cole, and many others. And countless choirs.  Some of the music was quite moving.

One of the most moving was The Kelly Family singing Amazing Grace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoL5-TUat5o&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLF084D2E1D77775A1). I dare any of you to listen to this song without tearing up.

So, if you have time, I suggest taking some time to explore some Christmas music on YouTube or on some of the radio stations that are now playing more or less non-stop Christmas music. It's a very good way to reduce the stress that sometimes creeps into our lives at this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Music does soothe the soul. I have a cute CD for children with the Christmas classics so even the little ones can begin appreciating the songs. Thanks for your dedication- loved the Ave Marie rendition! There are so many versions of Christmas music. Sometimes the powerful voices of good choir with an orchestra accompanying really move me!

    ReplyDelete