Friday, December 9, 2011

Beauty Sleep

One of the many nice things about retirement is the ability to have a nap during the day.  It's especially nice on those winter days when it's really cold outside, you have an interesting book to read while you get drowsy in your warm, comfortable bed, and there are no pressing errands to run.  When I think about it, that means almost every winter day here in Winterpeg for me.

Sure, I feel a bit guilty, napping while others are at work. But, hey, I was in their shoes for many, many years and, now, things are different.  Most days, all I really have to do is tend the two dogs, Holly and Mollie, and prepare a nice meal for my wife, Margaret.

This afternoon, I don't even have to make a meal. No, we're not having left-overs (though we could). I'm meeting my wife at a new Mexican restaurant because she's working a bit late at Celebrations and I want to do a little shopping near there before I meet up with her.

I'm happy to say that the Christmas shopping is almost all done. Tonight, I want to buy a new pair of runners for the treadmill we're setting up in the basement.  It's simply too cold to go for long walks now and I definitely need more exercise. The treadmill should help. I have a feeling that, with all the holiday eating ahead, that treadmill will get a lot of use.

1 comment:

  1. Retirement sounds good! Glad you are happy and doing what makes you content! The restaurant meal sounds great. May you and your bride enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete