Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nothing Like It!

A visit to Shelmerdine's on a cool, cloudy Spring afternoon is like walking into paradise.  So many herbs, vegetables, and flowers to look at and, because of the their prices, to choose a few from to take home.  Although I would have loved to have filled my Escape with herbs and perennials, I limited myself to some poppies and geraniums, at least for today.  The woman ahead of me in line obviously was not on a budget.  I  winced when I heard her cart-full of gorgeous plants came to over $700.  I even winced when mine came to about $50.  Hopefully, my selection today (and hers!) will give years of viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Di MambroMay 11, 2011 at 7:43 PM

    New plants for the garden are always a welcome addition. I am sure you will make many trips back to the store.

    ReplyDelete