Saturday, May 7, 2011

Age is Relative

Like most children, I thought my Mom was getting really old when she celebrated her 40th birthday.  Funny, now that I well beyond that in years, 40 doesn't seem very old at all.  I have some friends who are much older than me and are doing fairly well, in body and mind.  Sure, they can't do a lot of the things they used to do with ease but they're taking care of themselves and being nearly as independent as they always were.  And, they laugh at me when I respond to their questions of how are you doing by answering that I'm feeling kind of old and weary.  They give me a new perspective and appreciation for how I'm doing.  It's good to be alive and to enjoy my kids, grand-kids, and friendships.  Happiness is ...

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Di MambroMay 8, 2011 at 5:35 AM

    I think it depends on the day. After hours of gardening, muscles that have been forgotten start to ache. I do miss people I have lost along the way. Enjoying the people and events in my life keep me young. But there are days I look in the mirror and wonder when all those wrinkles arrived.

    ReplyDelete