Friday, May 20, 2011

Gardening Time

Yesterday, after a somewhat futile attempt to control all the dandelions, Marg and I planted the annuals that we bought the night before, into our large pots placed in the front and back yards.  Added dashes of colour!  As if there isn't enough already!  There are so many plants are emerging from the flower beds right now (or are already blooming) that it's hard to decide where to plant some of the new perennials that we bought.

One of our next jobs is to split off some spreading clusters of perennials into pots, to hold for Josi's landscaping at her new home in La Salle.  Maybe I'll be able to slip some of the new perennials into those spots.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm looking forward to seeing the landscape plan for Josi's new yard and providing lots of starter plants to her.

3 comments:

  1. Do you ever price the perennial? We have lots of hosta for example and one hosta plant at the garden center can be $5.00. I often look around the garden and say if I potted the ever spreading perennials I could make a small fortune. Lucky for Josi, she can benefit from your perennials. I sure your selection will look wonderful in their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, was pricing perennials the other day. Had to have help getting up off the ground, I was so shocked. My beds are worth a fortune!

    ReplyDelete