Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Great Time of the Year

Every day now, with the return of fine, sunny warm weather, I tour my flower beds, watching for the emergence of new plants and flowers.  It's quite rewarding.  Right now, the most spectacular blooms are the multicoloured tulips.  There are many others, of course: including marsh marigolds,small and large daffodils, anemones, squills, forsythia, bergenia, trilliums (white, red, and nodding), violets, and pansies.  There are others that I've forgotten the names of and will have to look up.  And, of course, many other flowers are just starting to bud out.  Happiness is ...

1 comment:

  1. A garden is a never ending canvas. I like to take the baby plants growing in my paths and find a spot in the garden. Perennials are wonderful but like weeds need to be cut back.

    ReplyDelete